Origins of Functional Medicine
The roots of functional medicine can be traced back to the reputable Sir William Osler, who was one of the first professors at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
"Functional Medicine is a personalized, systems-oriented model that empowers patients and practitioners to achieve the highest expression of health by working in collaboration to address the underlying causes of disease."
What Is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is a holistic healthcare process that creates a close partnership between you and the the medical provider. Both parties work together to determine the best treatment options to promote health and well-being of the patient. Functional medicine aims to treat the root cause of diseases and is found to be particularly helpful for chronic illnesses. The practitioner uses the latest laboratory testing techniques, targeted supplements and prevention methods including nutrition, lifestyle changes, exercise programs, yoga, detoxification and therapeutic diets for best results.
Functional Medicine - HighlightsPersonalized Care
- Integrative medicine combining the best of conventional medicine and alternative therapies
- Strive to identify root causes and treat you rather than just your symptoms
- Specialized functional testing to identify biochemical imbalances, food sensitivities, nutritional status and detox assessments
- Personalized treatment plans based on your medical and lifestyle history and advanced diagnostic test results
- Incorporate nutritional supplements & lifestyle changes for optimum results
- Multiple treatment modalities including holistic nutrition, lifestyle coaching, acupuncture and homeopathy in a warm, welcoming environment
Functional Medicine Approach
We offer a variety of Specialty Testing services including hormone testing, GI/Functional testing, food sensitivity testing, nutritional evaluation testing and genetic testing.
Convenient collaboration with your healthcare providers via secure messaging through our patient portal. Enjoy longer appointment times where you get to ask questions and be comfortable with your treatment plan.
Food is essential to your health and well-being; however, figuring out what you should eat can be overwhelming. Our holistic nutritional specialist will guide you to eat for your health, lose weight, feel great and increase your longevity.
Enjoy free 24×7 access to your medical records and lab results via our easy-to-use Patient Portal. Try our online appointment scheduling tool and use secure messaging to safely communicate with your practitioners.
Root Cause Analysis
The diagnosis process involves a thorough, in-depth physical examination as well as review of your medical and lifestyle history. The physician uses specialized lab testing to assist in the evaluation of the key body functions -
- Autoimmune assessment - Autoimmune disorders occur when your immune system produces antibodies that attack your own tissues. We help identify teh cause of the inflammation that triggers these disorders.
- Gut and microbiome assessment - Get to the bottom of your GI problems, whether it is toxicity, food intolerance, allergic reactions or chronic infection.
- Hormone Balance - Analyse routine changes in hormone levels and identify any imbalances that may make you feel uncomfortable, sluggish, and just not quite yourself
- Inflammation - Analyze your overall well-being as opposed to just addressing the pain symptoms.
- Nutrition and Detox - There is a strong connection between the foods you eat and your overall health. We help you lose weight, gain energy, assist in the healing of many illnesses to reach your long-term goals.
Based on these evaluations, the physician creates a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific health conditions.
How Can We Help You?
Functional medicine can be used to alleviate, control or even reverse a wide array of chronic conditions that may otherwise require extensive, expensive and potentially dangerous long term treatments:
- Hormone Imbalances
- Hypothyroidism and Thyroid Disorders
- Digestive Disorders
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue
- Autoimmune conditions like Hashimotos, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac, etc.
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Weight Issues
- Chronic Pain
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- and many more. For a full list of conditions we treat, click here
Are You Ready to Begin the Road to Overall Wellness?
Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Are you ready for a personalized approach to your health? If so, call us at Rose Wellness Center, a premier Northern Virginia Functional Medicine clinic. Our functional medicine physicians will search for the root cause of your illness and offer proven techniques to help your body heal naturally.