Holistic Nutrition Counseling
Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Are chronic illnesses, low energy and fatigue keeping you from enjoying life? Food is essential to your health and well-being; however, figuring out what you should eat can be confusing and overwhelming. Our holistic nutritional specialist will guide you to eat for your health, lose weight, feel great and increase your longevity.
Nourish Your Body, Save Your Life
Almost everyone has heard the saying “You are what you eat.” However, many people do not realize how true this saying is. The body is constantly making new cells. When these cells are properly nourished, your health improves.
An Ayurvedic proverb sums up the importance of a healthy, well-balanced diet. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” Research has shown that chronic diseases can be prevented and reversed with good nutrition. Diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes, result from poor lifestyle choices and a poor diet. For this reason, it is essential that you eat healthy to achieve optimal health and mind-body wellness, one bite at a time.
How Can Nutritional Counseling Help
Nutritional counseling will act as your guide to a holistic approach to learning how to develop and maintain a healthy mind, body and spirit. This holistic approach can help with the following medical conditions:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Autoimmune conditions (rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto's, Crohn's and other inflammatory conditions)
- Cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Type I, Type II or and gestational diabetes
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Food sensitivities and food allergies, including gluten sensitivity, celiac disease, lactose and milk intolerance
- Digestive disorders, including constipation, IBS, acid reflux, bloating or constipation
- Headaches and/or Migraines
- Mental health disorders, including ADHD, anxiety, depression, emotional eating
- Eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia
- Women’s health issues, including hormonal imbalances, menstrual cycle disorders, infertility, PMS, PCOS, perimenopause, menopause and post menopause
- Men’s health issues, including erectile dysfunction, prostate issues, infertility and hormonal imbalances
- Neuromuscular conditions like SMA, DMD and Spina Bifida
- Thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism)
- Skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, rashes)
- Sports nutrition
- Weakened immune system (frequent colds and flu)
- Weight management (losing weight, gaining weight)
- Childhood nutritional issues, such as developmental delays, picky eating and more
Getting Started with Holistic Nutritional Counseling
Prior to your initial visit, you will be asked to complete an intake form and submit it 2 days before your appointment. This information will help the nutritionist get a clear picture of your health. Your first appointment will be approximately an hour to an hour and a half. During this time, the nutritionist will discuss your health and complete a detailed assessment based on your unique history, symptoms, conditions, eating preferences and lifestyle choices.
Our board-certified nutritionist will work with you to create a customized meal plan that is nutritionally sound, and easy to follow. You will learn to supercharge your meals to help you feel satisfied throughout the day, change your body and your life, and receive personal support on your journey to optimal wellness.
Meet Our Board-Certified Holistic Nutritionist
Elizabeth McMillan, MS, CNS, our board-certified holistic nutritionist will guide you on your journey towards optimal health. She combines the latest in conventional medicine discoveries with ancient healing practices to help you heal and restore your body and give you a new outlook on life. Elizabeth will take the time to answer all your questions, discover the root cause of your health issues and create an individualized program to rejuvenate your body from the inside out.
As you continue on your journey to optimal wellness, you will learn to listen to your body, develop a vision of your health, and plan personal fitness and nutritional goals. The ongoing support of your nutritionist will help you to develop a toolbox full of nutritious choices to take your health to the next level. Whether you are interested in weight management, improving your overall health, or to prevent future medical conditions, Elizabeth will work with you every step of the way.
Contact us today to schedule your first consultation with our holistic nutritionist and begin your journey to improved health, weight loss and longevity. Take advantage of a Free 15 minute initial consult to evaluate how she can help.
Call us now at 571.529.6699 to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, or please fill the online form today!