Holistic Medicine – Holistic Doctor – Holistic Healthcare
What Is Holistic Medicine?
Holistic medicine is an alternative medicine field that focuses on the whole body rather than just the illness itself. This type of non-traditional medicine incorporates acupuncture, yoga, guided imagery and meditation to help bring healing and optimal health to its patients.
One of the main characteristics of holistic medicine is the idea that the body, mind, spirit and emotions work together. Studies have shown that stress can cause a plethora of illnesses. For this reason, holistic health practitioners know that a healthy mind is essential to a person’s well-being. Holistic doctors and practitioners work with all aspects of the person rather than just concentrate on the illness.
Benefits of Holistic Medicine
- The Body’s Innate Ability to Heal Itself - Holistic healthcare practitioners understand that the body has the ability to heal itself. The practitioners work with their patients to obtain optimal health so that should a severe medical condition occur, the body is able to heal itself.
- Relationship Between Practitioner and Patient - One of the most important parts of holistic medicine is the relationship that is built between the holistic practitioner and the patient. Both parties work together to improve the health and well-being of the patient. The practitioner listens to what the patient says and seeks to develop a plan that will improve the health of the patient.
- Prevent and Treat Illnesses - Holistic medicine seeks to improve health, raise awareness of health conditions and prevent illnesses. This is accomplished by relieving symptoms, enhancing the lifestyle of the patients and modifying action that may be contributing to the healthcare crisis.
- Integration of Healing Systems - Lifestyle modifications, complementary medical approaches along with conventional treatments are all a part of the holistic medicine lifestyle. Practitioners and patients work together to find treatments that meet the needs of each patient based on the person’s individuality.
- Individuality of the Patient - Each person’s body, spirit, mind and emotions are unique. A holistic health practitioner focuses on the patient’s distinctive nature to help overcome illness and improve overall health. By concentrating on the individuality of each patient, practitioners can customize treatment options.
- The Power of Love Heals - With holistic medicine, practitioners endeavor to meet the patient’s expectations with kindness, grace and love. Practitioners understand that love is a powerful healer when dealing with any type of illness.
- Optimal Health Based on Balancing the Patient’s Life - The goal of holistic medicine is optimal health of each patient. This is obtained by balancing the emotional, physical, social, mental, spiritual and environmental aspects of a patient’s life. Guided imagery, meditation and hypnotherapy are used to clear the mind, while yoga and tai chi strengthen the body. Finally, guidance is given to help rid the patient’s environment of clutter and other things that create environmental chaos.
- Learning Opportunities - Holistic medicine understands that a person’s life is filled with opportunities to learn and grow. These opportunities include joy, sickness, birth and even death. By teaching the patient how to look at each trial as a learning opportunity, the practitioner is able to help the patient focus on learning opportunities rather than just the emotional aspect of things that happen in their life.
What to Expect During your Visit?
Holistic medicine seeks to develop a therapeutic relationship between the holistic doctor and patient. We believe in treating the whole person rather than just treating the symptoms. Our holistic practitioners work with you to develop plans to help heal the body, mind and soul and promote wellness. The therapeutic relationship between the you and the doctor results in longer in-depth appointments. The doctor will provide a customized treatment plan based on your specific conditions and lifestyle habits.
Our holistic doctor may recommend lifestyle modifications that include acupuncture, nutritional supplements, mind-body therapy, as well as nutrition and lifestyle coaching for maximum benefits. Exercise and relaxation techniques are recommended to eliminate stress. The entire staff at our holistic medicine center will strive to help you achieve optimal health and wellness.
Are You Ready to Heal Yourself?
Are you ready to begin your journey to health and well-being? Contact our wellness coordinator at (571)-529-6699 to set up an appointment with our Holistic Doctor. Rose Wellness Center serves the Washington DC metro and surrounding areas. Together lets make a difference to your health by utilizing the best of alternative medicine practices along with conventional medicine approaches to help you heal completely.
Call us now at 571.529.6699 to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, or please fill the online form today!