Our world is filled with toxins. Toxins are found in our air, soil, and water supply. In the United States, more than 77.000 chemicals are produced daily. Over 3,000 chemicals are found in our food supply. Furthermore, more than 10,000 chemicals are used by food manufacturers to preserve, process, wrap, pack and store our food.
The Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, states that our bodies contain approximately 20,000 chemicals that cannot be metabolized. These chemicals are stored in the fat cells of the body and continue to accumulate. As more and more chemicals are stored within the body, you can begin to experience a variety of medical issues.
Symptoms of Environmental Toxicity
Toxins can wreak havoc on the endocrine system, digestive system and the nervous system. Toxins have been found to be responsible for nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances and even cancer. The symptoms of environmental toxicity are varied –
- Respiratory issues, such as asthma, allergies, respiratory infections and lung cancer
- Heart disease and other cardiovascular issues
- Stroke and other neurological issues, including slow learning, dizziness, forgetfulness and attention disorders
- Emotional disturbances, such as depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Cancers, including lung cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Auditory difficulties, such as hearing loss, ear infections and tinnitus
- Skin irritations – rashes, itching and psoriasis
- Digestive disturbances, including gas, digestive enzyme deficiencies, diarrhea and constipation
- Eye irritations – itchy, watery, irritated eyes, swelling and redness
- Odor sensitivity
- Muscle Aches
- Liver Disease
- Hormonal imbalances
- Autoimmune disorders, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis and celiac disease
- Pain, including muscle aches, swollen, irritated joints and body aches
How Can We Help?
The treatment options available depend greatly on the symptoms you are suffering from. However, everyone can benefit from a detoxification program. The basic principles of a detox program are to identify and remove the toxins causing your health issues and restore nutrients to your body.
Hormone replacement therapy can help by correcting hormone deficiencies caused by toxin exposure. Some symptoms of hormone deficiency include weight gain, fatigue, night sweats, mood swings and sexual dysfunctions. Using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can correct hormone deficiencies, thus alleviating some of the symptoms associated with toxin exposure.
Nutritional supplements increase the nutritional foundation of the body. The nutrients from your foods and supplements are the building blocks of good health. When you have a nutritional deficiency, you may experience decreased immunity, increased pain and fatigue.
Lifestyle modifications are often recommended as part of your environmental toxicity healing regimen. Your integrative physician will offer suggestions to help your body heal naturally. These may include dietary changes, supplementation, stopping unhealthy activities, such as smoking and alcohol consumption, and exercise recommendation. Gentle stretches, moderate exercise and herbal supplements may also be suggested.
Rose Wellness Center is dedicated to the health of each patient. You will be treated with the utmost respect, care and dedication as you heal.